No Quarter: an Anarchist Zine about Pirates

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pirates, Witches & Smugglers

October 27th - November 4th is Radical History week in Bristol, put on by the Bristol Radical History Group. Oh how I wish I was going! Speakers include Marcus Rediker, Stephen Snelders (author of The Devil's Anarchy: The Other Loose Roving Way of Life & Very Remarkable Travels of Jan Erasmus Reyning, Buccaneer, on Autonomedia, which is excellent), and Sylvia Federici (author of Caliban and the Witch: Women, The Body, and Primitive Accumulation, also on Autonomedia, as well as several other interesting looking books). There are a bunch of other speakers who I'm not familiar with but who have very interesting seeming topics (As I alluded to in the title of this post the theme is Pirates, Witches & Smugglers). Should be amazingly rad.

Instead of Bristol I will be in Canada, up at the Edmonton Anarchist book fair. I'll have a bunch of excellent distro items which I'll post about soon. Ward Churchill is speaking at the fair, which is exciting too.

Also, a somewhat recent article about modern day piracy in the Strait of Malacca. Pretty interesting.

Also, Make Magazine has a Halloween Special out. Not radical in any way really, but DIY in a very you-need-skills-to-do-this-shit way, but still lots of pretty fun Halloween stuff that is not focused on buying costumes or pre-fab decorations.

Also, through Scarstuff (which I posted about before) I found Mostly Ghostly Music Sharing Blaaahhhggg!!! which has been posting some interesting Halloween records and related material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home