No Quarter: an Anarchist Zine about Pirates

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Bold Robin Hood



Last year at the Edmonton Anarchist Bookfair some friends of mine gave me a copy of Robin Hood and Other Outlaw Tales edited by Stephen Knight and Thomas Ohlgren. This book is an amazing source for the original source material for the world's most famous outlaw. It has all the early ballads, Robin Hood plays, and many of the later ballads. It has notes to explain the context, but mostly these texts are left to stand alone. So I have been reading bits and pieces for the past seven months or so and thoroughly enjoying myself.
I've come across some good resources in these months, some of which I will hopefully talk about at my other blog at some point. I did want to mention a very good website: Robin Hood - Bold Outlaw of Barnsdale and Sherwood. So much material! Please do check this website out if you have any interest in Robin Hood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home